So I didn’t make the proposed deadline for my demo unfortunately. The first half of the past two weeks I was working non-stop to try and get the demo done, however when I hit my anticipated deadline I burned out completely and crashed. Because of that, I’ve spent the past week recovering and easing back into it. I’m going to start working hard again to have it done by the next Dev-Diary on the 15th, but not so hard that I put my work before my own health.
Even though I didn’t make my deadline, I finished the showcase area which simulates an example environment for the first game I’ve planned and I’m really proud of how it looks! If I have time I’ll add a few more features to it, but as an apology of sorts for not making deadline I’m attaching two screenshots to the end of this post! I also managed to get about 70%+ of the character animations completed! After that, it’s menu visuals, final room fixes, and final bug sweeps, then it will be ready for any of you who are interested to run around in and see if you can find any errors I may have missed!
Stay tuned, and all the best!